by: Theodora Isola
It is imperative that we all go through sturdy and intricate times which are regarded as challenges in life. But in spite of the difficulty of the challenges, it is something you are capable of overcoming. You can become stronger by being determined to not give up and you should know that a “never quit” attitude is all you need.
Overcoming challenges make you stronger in dealing with adversity. In life, it is hard to grow emotionally and cognitively without ever receiving some kind of challenge. It is necessary to experience challenges in order to learn how to handle almost every situation and show your emotional strength. You will gain great overall learning experience and learn valuable lessons. Having challenges will help you learn all of your capabilities.
To grow as an individual, challenges in life are necessary. They make life interesting. As said by Stephen R. Covey: “Opposition is a natural part of life. Just as we develop our physical muscles through overcoming opposition – such as lifting weights – we develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and adversity.”
Overcoming challenges help to develop your creativity. To overcome life’s overwhelming challenges you need to:
- Encourage yourself: The challenge you face at every moment in time should bring out the best in you. It is important to take your time and, think that process though. Remain composed when you’re facing serious troubles and problems in life. Develop the winning mindset. Take a deep breath, relax, slow it down and say to yourself “YES I CAN”.
- Confront Failure: Instead of allowing failure put you down, allow it motivate you in a positive way. Do not allow your challenges stop you from moving forward because you are afraid of failing. If you run from that challenge, you are accepting failure. What counts is not how many times you get knocked, but how many times you get up in life that matter. If you fail, don’t give up. It is important that you learn what made you fail at overcoming these challenge or challenges and beat it.
- Simplify the challenge: Some challenges come as complicated as they can get and breaking it down into steps, will help you face it and work your way to the top of it. It helps to work from the ground up. Working through each step at a time will facilitate the process of overcoming the challenge. Make the challenge easier than it looks. As you get through each step, you develop more belief you can get it done, then you will.
- Be Confident: In overcoming challenges, you need to believe in yourself and in your abilities to overcome it no matter how it presents itself. Sometimes, challenges are not as tough as presented. Train your mind to be confident to handle the challenges of the moment and you will actually be able to overcome them.
- Think the best: Instead of focusing on the challenges, think of the best outcome that overcoming it will bring. The most successful people have had to overcome a lot of challenges to be where they are today. How do you think they overcome challenges in their life? Instead of staying down, they did all they could to overcome the challenges. Don’t let anything stop you from being the best of you, you should always endeavor to overcome all challenges you face in your life. You should know that anyone can overcome a great deal of difficulty to succeed in our world. As the say goes, “anything is possible.”
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” ― Helen Keller
- Quote Therapy – by Dr. Stephen R. Covey (psychconnection.wordpress.com)
- 150+ Motivational and Inspirational Quotes (projectblissful.com)
- Overcoming Fear Itself (forwardwalking.com)
- Do You Have the Right Kind of Confidence? (entrepreneur.com)
- Moving Forward: How to Overcome a Career Failure (thedailymuse.com)
- Easy as 1-2-3 (secondadventchristian.org)
- Benefits of Positive Thinking (h3artfeltwordz.wordpress.com)
- The Power of Positive Thinking: Why It Works (promotional-products-marketing-ideas.blogspot.com)